Throughout its history, Maine Medical Center has contributed to the evolution of the practice of medicine in Maine and the country. The Archives of Maine Medical Center was established in 1989 to acquire, preserve and provide access to the historical records of MMC and its predecessor institutions, The Maine Eye and Ear Infirmary, Children's Hospital, Brighton Medical Center, and Maine General Hospital.
The predecessor institutions merged in 1951 to form Maine Medical Center.
Selected Maine Medical Center Archives images:
- Maine General Hospital/Bowdoin College Medical Students
- MMC Telephone Service
- Maine Medical Center tea, 1963
- Volunteers, Maine Medical Center, 1965
- Alida Leese Home, School of Practical Nursing, Portland, 1962
- Maine General Hospital Building
- Maine General Hospital, original Medical Staff
- 67th General Hospital War Unit, Portland, 1942
- MGH School of Nursing, Class of 1934